The Maunga Cycle Challenge - Te Awamutu
Welcome to the Maunga Cycle Challenge
9th November 2014 Albert Park Te Awamutu
Thanks to everyone for continuing to support The Maunga
2013 Photos are on the Photo Gallery Page or here at Dr.T and Paparazzi Photgraphs
A fantastic event for all cyclists - beginners and experienced
Lead bunch 2012
We challenge you to get involved and be active!
The Maunga Cycle Challenge promotes the Waikato, the Maungatautari Ecological Island Trust Education Facility and provides a challenge of riding around the majestic Maungatautari Mountain.
There are events for all cyclists - beginners and experienced
The Maunga Challenge offers:
- $5 per entry donated to Maungatautari Ecological Island Trust Educational Facility
- Spectacular views around Maungatautari Mountain
- Challenges of different distances
- Event attracts top local and International riders
- Community donated cash and spot prizes
- Eight successful years
- A community event
- Electronic timing
- Proven safety record with Traffic Management NZ
- Food and drink available
- Training ride for Contact Lake Taupo Event
- Organized by Te Awamutu Rotary Club
- Expertise from Te Awamutu Sports Cycle Club
Maunga Cycle Challenge is in its ninth year and will be held on the 9th of November 2014, with the start and finish at Albert Park Te Awamutu.
2014 promises again to be a fantastic event for cyclists
The 100k ride is around the great Maungatautari Mountain. This has spectacular scenery with topography to provide interest and variety for the riders.